Careers in Sales
GAM Client Solutions Architect, Telco EMEA今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1901537-2 掲載日 Feb. 01, 2019
Why work for VMware PSO?
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) drives the adoption of VMware technology and solutions. The Global Account Management (GAM) team owns the business across top enterprise accounts with global operations. We are responsible for driving a significant part of VMWare’s revenue by co-innovating with our customers and partners. Our vision is to lead the digital transformation journey by driving the simplification and acceleration of IT solutions using VMware leading-edge technology and deliver the business outcomes our customers demand.
We are passionate about our Customers: our focus is on professional excellence and quality. We have a rich portfolio of consulting services aimed at bringing to bear the experience, expertise and methodology of our delivery teams around software defined Data Centre (SDDC), cloud automation, multi-cloud, IoT and workspace management.
We are committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with an opportunity to develop in services sales. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will join a fun, dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
As a GAM Client Solutions Architect (GAM CSA) Telco you will be responsible for developing solutions for large services engagements across the Telco Global Accounts in EMEA. You will be part of an exciting team working to drive complex solutions that create disruption, help our customers to innovate their business models and enable them to achieve competitive advantage and differentiation through using VMware’s technologies and services.
Your team is formed by a group of top talent sales individuals across EMEA and with a strong background and experience in selling professional and consulting services for cloud infrastructure, software, workspace mobility, end user computing and IT operational transformation. We are looking for services solutions architects with experience in Telco to share their knowledge and approach in a diverse sales team.
You will be working with the extended EMEA GAM Telco team and leading the services technical presales activities with a variety of VMware presales resources to build a technical proposition to your customers and achieve your business objectives by selling large (+$1-5M) and complex projects.
This is a role which requires passion, dedication and creativity. The GAM team is driving innovation at VMware.
You will be responsible for:
- The professional services solutions for Telco in EMEA
- Orchestrating services pre-sales activity across EMEA working closely with the extended PSO CSAs, PSO Consulting Architects, NFV Practice and GAM CSE teams
- Driving the PSO solution from end-to-end:
- Leading the solution architecture
- Working as part of the pursuit team in leading the services solution
- Lead envisioning and scoping workshops with the customer
- Defining scope, level of efforts and high-level plans supporting the transformation
- Building the services proposal and statement of work (technical sections)
- Supporting the GAM PSO Client Solution Executives (CSE) throughout the pursuit
- Establish yourself as a trusted-advisor for the customer around throughout their transformation journey.
•Maintain proficiency in VMware service offerings, value propositions, and representative case studies
•Contribute to our frameworks & design patterns for solutions and develop reusable domain solutions, and mentor our internal & external partners on the use of the tools.
•You are comfortable presenting in customer meetings as well as larger audiences, including technical CxO level
•You have the competence to think past the products and create solutions to meet the business/IT needs
•Ensure that proposals and Statement of Works are technically sound, deliverable, competitive and representative of market leadership in the application of our technology to address business issues.
- Establishing direct relationships with the key technical customer and partner representatives
- Working as a team with GAM Sales and CSEs on customer Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Work with the GAM extended sales team to develop pipeline for large pursuits
- Build new solutions for our customers by taking advantage of the VMware new technologies (such as IoT, multi-cloud, NFV)
- Orchestrate the VMware PSO technical resources required to develop proposals, respond to RFQs/RFPs and Statements of Work (SoWs)
- Obtain technical approval from PSO delivery leadership of the solution
- Present and defend your proposal
Required Experience & Skills
- Many years of experience in a consulting / services solution architect position
- Consistent track record of scoping and developing multi-million dollar consulting and professional services engagements with global enterprise accounts
- Deep understanding of IT
- Strong pre-sales orientation and background
- Deep Understanding of Software Defined Data Centres & cloud infrastructures and common challenges:
–Telco Networks and OSS/BSS System Architecture
–Software Defined Networking
–Virtualization (Design of Storage, Compute and Network)
– Infrastructure (Data Centre Design, Networking, Systems Hardware, System Architecture, Systems Management & Security)
–Platforms (Application Development, Application Design)
–Desktop (Desktops Architectural Design, Desktop Management, End-user Mobility)
•An excellent mixture of Technical Skills, Business Insight, and a strong desire to support our customers.
•Exceptional listening skills, interpersonal skills, ability to tackle complex problems, be a big picture thinker and hold the ability to visualize the solutions
•A solid understanding of the detail behind the solutions and have the capability to communicate these at a high-level vision.
•Many years of experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
- A strong presentation, executive client management and business development skills as well as superior organisational and observance skills.
- Ability to articulate the value proposition; focus on selling business outcomes with a solution sales approach
- Ability to develop high level long-term strategic relationships
- Self-motivated, passionate, dedicated, driven, tenacious, achiever and well presented
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Excellent communication, and social skills
- Fluent in English
- Ability to travel as needed within the EMEA region
•You hold a Bachelors or Masters degree or equivalent technical training
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Good understanding of our portfolio
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.