Careers in Finance
Financial Analyst, Cloud Products今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1811328 掲載日 Nov. 07, 2018
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
The Cloud Services finance team is helping establish VMware as a leading player in hybrid cloud. The team focuses on VMware’s SaaS portfolio, helping drive the shift from perpetual licensing model into subscription licensing.
Job Role and Responsibility
As the Financial Analyst in the Cloud Services finance team, you will work alongside the business partners in VMware’s Products Division. You will provide financial advice, planning, and analysis to the business partner and his/her staff that helps the business meet or exceed goals. This role will focus on public cloud/SaaS related products.
- Report and model Bookings/Revenue actuals and plan on quarterly business reviews and short & long-term planning
- Help improve the execution and FP&A reporting for VMware's SaaS portfolio. Key processes include: billing, spend optimization, capacity planning, discounting, and revenue reporting
- Provide R&D investment decisions and review spend & headcount analysis
- Support M&A transactions: financial due diligence and integration
- Help track the Business Unit pro-forma statements
- Create, improve, and streamline processes as needed. Champion framework and drive adoption
- Collaborate with the Products FP&A team and other VMware Finance teams to enhance the function’s contribution to the company. Share best practices, identify gaps, lead change and help determine priorities.
- BA or BS in Business, Finance, Accounting or related fields
- 1 - 2 years of experience in finance/accounting
- Experience working in an enterprise software, SaaS, or other high-tech company is a plus
- Proven results providing finance business partnering to R&D/Product Management executives
- Understanding of accounting and compliance requirements
- Ability to build analytical models that can be driven into standard planning tools
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Strong and independent thinker and influencer
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong initiative and collaborative work-style
- Strength in succinctly explaining complex transactions and business impact
- Ability to drive process-based improvement across functions and within Finance