Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Engineering Developer for DT IoT Division今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1913240-2 掲載日 Nov. 18, 2019
VMware is seeking an IoT Software Engineer to build next generation IoT products and solutions. This is a unique opportunity to grow with the evolving field of IoT and deliver significant business value to our customers in domains including Manufacturing, Energy, Transportation, Logistics, Agriculture, Mining, Healthcare, Retail and Smart Cities. Key to this role will be developing software to federate a better together story across the VMware product portfolio as well as integrating with assets from our strategic partners. You will work as part of an agile, globally distributed team on the latest technologies and tools and engage with technology leaders from across the VMware portfolio businesses and partner organizations.
Harnessing the full potential of IoT requires adding intelligence to every stage. Smarter data gathering at the edge, smarter compute at the core and deeper learning at the cloud computing stage driving up the IQ of IoT. From self-driving cars to self-monitoring jet engines to self-regulating factories, sensors at the edge need to generate and act on smarter data.
The IOT Software Engineering team delivers new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop products enabling the full potential of the data in the edge-core-cloud continuum all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer with a proven experience in owning, architecting, designing, developing and delivering large scale distributed systems. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join a software development team addressing a large application domain using innovative technologies and working in a cross-team and cross-geo environment.
- Provide technical & architectural leadership for the development of next generation IoT products and solutions
- Innovate, Research & Evaluate new technologies and tools for a quality output
- Architect, Design and Implement ensuring scalability, performance and security
- Aid in key architectural decisions, design and code reviews
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of the domain and market
- Analyzing business requirements, processes, data, and system integration points to determine / recommend appropriate technology solutions
- Support the pre-sales and sales teams in running customer engagements to support business development efforts
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional distributed teams Engineering, DevOps, QA and Product Management in all phases - Requirements, Development, Testing, Launch/Release
- Document best practices and architectural references in developing and deploying product solutions
- Mentor Junior members technically in Architecture, Designing and robust Coding
- Work in an Agile development environment while continuously evaluating and improving engineering processes
- Experience with VMware Internal Development best practices. Familarity with OneCloud and Jira is a strong desire
- 3+ years of working in VMware
- Experience with kubernetes, containers and cloud native development is a nice to have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant experience
- At least 10 years of experience with significant depth in designing and programming enterprise class products; experience working in product development organizations
- Proven track record in system-level software development including being lead architect for numerous large-scale projects and feature/component lead for several complex features
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming, Architecture and Design Patterns.
- Software development experience using the following languages/frameworks: Go, Java SE, and Java EE.
- Experience in REST, SOA, Pub-Sub, and microservice architectures
- Demonstrated experience in working with Virtualization and Containerization stacks and tools. Knowledge of container and cluster orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, Swarm, etc.
- Experience working with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with DevOps procedures, Jenkins, CI tools, SCM tools like Git or similar.
- Experience with unit, integration and blackbox testing procedures and tools like JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber, Postman, etc.
- Experience working with open source software
- Experience in securing complex distributed systems
- Strong understanding of Machine-learning and Deep-learning.
- Good experience in Deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information effectively to both IT and business audiences.
- Experience in one or more relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle
- Experience with scale-out architectures such as Hadoop, NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, MongoDB etc.)
- Experience in application management and monitoring of applications
- Demonstrated ability to work with one or more of the following leading software offerings from VMware and Dell Technologies businesses: Dell Boomi; RSA Netwitness, SecureID; Pivotal Cloud Foundry; VMware Airwatch, NSX, vRealize, vSAN, vSphere
- Working knowledge of IoT platforms (e.g. Azure IoT Suite, AWS IoT, Google IoT Core, SAP Leonardo, IBM Watson, Software AG Apama)
- Working knowledge of OT (e.g. field bus) and IT connectivity protocols
- Good understanding of Blockchain and Smart contract technologies.
Nice to have
- An active Top Secret US clearance
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.