Careers in Sales
Director, Strategic Pursuits USPS South East今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1913033-10 掲載日 Oct. 03, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
SPP…who we are:
An Americas-wide “Big Deal” Pursuit Practice with a single Mission to drive long-term transformational business success for our customers and VMware.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Director, Strategic Pursuits Practice Americas, the Director Strategic Pursuit’s mission is to drive VMware’s long-term revenue growth and profitability through larger and more strategic transactions by orchestrating resources, coaching, advising and enabling sales teams, partners and customers on our core LTEM and value-based selling strategies. This position also reports dotted line to the Regional VP Sales as part of the Regional Management team.
The Director, Strategic Pursuits will follow a consistent and defined programmatic approach to help the Sales organization develop and close larger more Strategic Deals. The role will utilize out-quarter pipeline development, Account Planning, Strategic Opportunity Reviews, Pursuit Planning, Deal coaching and choreography, thought leadership, best practices, and aligning key resources to maximize market opportunity, accelerating sales cycles and closing larger deals successfully.
The role also participates in VMware’s overall transformation effort to establish one of the best Enterprise Salesforce in the industry.
- Drive the SPP engagement and operating models to ensure a consistent and defined programmatic approach to assess, develop and help close strategic pursuits.
- Orchestrating key resources through the SPP Engagement Model, including field sales, partners, and a team of Offer Managers (OM), Business Value Advisors (BVA) & Business Solution Strategists (BSS).
- Managing the qualification/selection of the Strategic Pursuits through the Territory Business Review process, in concert with the Regional Sales Leadership.
- Champion Collaborative Account Planning Sessions (CAP) for Strategic Pursuits.
- Drive the Strategic Pursuits cadence process.
- Drive big deal thinking, best practice sharing and extended team collaboration
- Be the voice of the field sales to corporate to continually improve and ensure successful outcomes
- Drive Strategic Pursuits: managing the assessment and selection of opportunities where we intend to build > $5M opportunities, tracking the set of activities (Account Based Marketing, Account Development Workshop, involvement of BSS) and progress of the opportunities.
- Helping propagate best practices and content (deal structure, content relative to attractive themes like Digital Transformation, IoT, references, Value-plays)
- Represent VMware in senior customer facing roles, i.e. executive sponsor, business strategist, negotiator
Measure of success
- 80% on Regional Private Sector E1/E2 bookings target
- 20% on the number of Large Deals (>$2M, >$5M)
- 15 years of experience in the software industry
- 7 + years of consultative sales experience into Enterprise accounts
- 3 + years selling SaaS
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Sales Methodologies
- Well organized and analytical skills
- Experience within a large organization, ability to work in a matrix environment
- Management experience
- University Degree or equivalent
“This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.”