Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Director of Strategy and Growth今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1913748 掲載日 Oct. 15, 2019
Director, Strategy and Growth
Are you passionate about transforming the IT industry with disruptive technologies and seeing them from early stage to hyper-growth?
Are you excited about solving difficult, complex and strategic problems such as “How to open new routes-to-market to accelerate revenue growth? Or how to shift and drive as-a-service business model?”
Do you have a passion for leading teams and turning strategy into concrete business results?
If so, the Director of Strategy and Growth in the Hyperconverged Infrastructure Business Unit at VMware may be the role for you. You will develop and execute strategies that drive revenue growth. You will accelerate new opportunities for expansion, uncover customer and go-to-market insights, formulate strategic priorities, and execute the strategy with your team. You will work on the toughest challenges that are top of mind for the senior leadership team. You will have exposure to and establish relationships with senior decision makers across the company.
You should have both strong IQ and EQ. You excel in all areas of strategy development and execution, business analysis, problem solving, executive communication, consensus building, project management and people development. In addition, you demonstrate the ability to thrive in an unstructured and collaborative environment. A combination of strategy and technology experience is ideal.
This is based out of Palo Alto and reporting up to the Vice President of Strategy, Planning and Operations.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Help define and shape the Hyperconverged Infrastructure Business Unit strategy
- Be a thought leader and trusted advisor to business unit leaders across product, engineering, and go-to-market
- Be a master in cross-functional collaboration by developing deep relationships with key partners across the business unit and at VMware
- Structure complex/ambiguous strategic problems, analyze large amounts of information and data quickly/effectively and make actionable recommendations
- Excellent communication skills to create business unit strategy and vision narratives at the executive and Board level
- Turn strategy into reality
- Lead a team that drives revenue acceleration
- Recruit, mentor, and retain a world-class of both strategists & doers
- Create a team culture of critical thinking, creativity, innovation, experimentation, diversity and inclusivity, openness and transparency that aligns with the team’s and VMware’s core values
- MBA with experience in a combination of strategy, business, product and operations roles in technology companies and top-tier consulting firms
- Experience managing and scaling strategy, growth, and analytics teams of direct and matrixed reports
- Proven experience working directly with senior executive leadership, technologists, and able to lead and influence across all levels of the organization
- Outside-of-the-box thinker and strategic problem solver who simplifies problems to their core elements and finds creative solutions
- Get-stuff-done mindset with a strong bias towards action
- Expert communicator both written and verbal
- Technical undergraduate degree preferred
- 5+ year post MBA