Careers in Sales
Director of Cloud Sales - State, Local and Education (SLED)-National今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1908151-3 掲載日 Jun. 24, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The Cloud Sales Director will have principle responsibility to drive VMware's Cloud on AWS within America's sales organization. This leader is responsible for leading the State, Local and Education segment across the US.
• Ability to travel 60%+ of the time is required.
With this growth, we seek a talented and motivated leader who can motivate and lead our field specialist sales team. We seek a Sales Director who can lead anywhere from 6-10 sales specialists.
• You will be responsible for building and leading an experienced sales team
• We are looking for someone who possesses strong leadership skills and the ability to build a complex territory strategy to ensure both short and long-term goals, objectives and quotas for the regional sales teams
• Build Regional sales plans that drive business through direct selling, indirect selling through a multitude of Channel Partners, and local Demand Generation
• Split time 50/50 between leading your teams and meeting with customers & partners
• Closely work with extended sales resources, including, but not limited to SE Manager, PSO Manager, Inside Sales Manager, Channel Manager, Recruiting, etc.
• Partner with the Core sales team and their leadership in efforts to plan & execute cohesive sales campaigns into the Regions
• You will work closely with a multitude of Channel Partners to drive transactional growth
• Accurate forecasting, planning, structure large ELA deals, negotiate deals & partnerships, and orchestrate a broad mix of resources in order to execute a successful 90-day sales campaign
• We are looking for someone with 10 years of sales management experience in a dynamic, highly competitive, ever-changing enterprise sales environment.
• Do you have major understanding of Cloud Sales and preferably experience with AWS or other large cloud provider (Microsoft, Google)
• Vertical experience selling into State, Local and Education customers with a deep understanding of state contracts and procurement processes with public entities
You have led quota carrying sales teams with demonstrated achievement leading a horizontal, extended resource team to support the direct sales teams
• You have the ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations
• Do you have extensive experience directly and indirectly through a management team negotiating large 7 figure deals with extremely complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations?
• You are a Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
We look for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, teamwork above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun.
• Consistent record of achieving business objectives in a highly high-reaching environment.
• BA/BS degree or higher.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
VMware, is an EPIC2 community (read about values and our journey on our career page: https://careers.vmware.com/life-at-vmware). We have been listed on Fortune’s 100 Best Places to Work several times. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally and personally. Our employees are passionate and enthusiastic and they come to work every day to help transform the impossible into the essential. We challenge the status quo by inventing better ways of doing things. Our culture is one of possibilities where everyone is inspired to achieve success on their own terms.
If you think that this position and our culture are right for you, we would love to hear from you.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.