Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Director - NSBU Platform Engineering今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1912737 掲載日 Oct. 17, 2019
NSBU Platform Engineering is responsible for building foundation of NSX. This includes enabling networking management, control and data planes to elastically scale independently to meet our customer's requirements. Platform team is also responsible to establish automation around development processes, including CI/CD pipeline.
We are looking for Director of Engineer, who will be responsible for building scalable NSX platform.
- Lead a team of 25-30 engineers and managers focussing on building service oriented platform to run networking management, control, data plane and network analytics.
- Define and bring core product vision to life.
- Coceptualize, define, and handle development of new features/systems that delight users as measured through qualitative and quantitative means.
- Build positive relationship with other engineering and PM teams ensure visibility/transparency and delivery on commitments on time.
- Improve practices and processes to bring efficiency
- Mentor and develop engineers and line managers
You’re a collaborative and hands-on leader and have a good understanding of:
- BS/MS in Computer Science with 10+ years of work experience with at least 5 years leading teams with ability to attract, develop, and retain top talent.
- and extensive prior experience building and owning large-scale distributed systems built as services
- some combination of experience with managed (Java, Scala, Go), native (C, C++) and scripting (Python, Perl) languages
- experience with open source distributed systems building blocks like Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Nginx, Kubernetes, Mesos, Elasticsearch
- data structures, algorithms, multithreading, operating system internals
- networking and security experience will be a strong plus
- humility and a strong work ethic
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.