Careers in Sales
Director, M&A Integration今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R186631 掲載日 Jul. 16, 2018
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technologies. Our team of 11,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
VMware is seeking a Director, M&A Integration to join its Integration Management Office (IMO) team at its global headquarters in Palo Alto, CA. The position offers the opportunity to join the fast-paced team which addresses key strategic areas of inorganic growth for VMware. The team directs program management efforts for all company acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and other similar strategic initiatives.
The IMO team is a small, core group of professionals who drive the pre-merger integration planning and post-merger integration execution to achieve deal rationale, deal value drivers, and synergies.
As a key member of this team, the Director, M&A Integration will report to the Sr. Director of the IMO and support the team through all phases of the deal lifecycle from pre-LOI through post-integration.
- Participate in early evaluations during due diligence for M&A activities to understand the strategic objectives, help assess the candidate company, and provide the early voice on integration planning, risks, and challenges
- Develop a comprehensive project plan which includes all workstream and functional team tasks to achieve the success metrics
- Develop an integration budget for each acquisition which aligns to the plan, and is monitored regularly
- Lead and take ownership for all aspects of the integration efforts, working with a team of functional experts from across the company
- Monitor status and rapidly identify issues pertaining to an acquisition, succinctly communicate those issues to the appropriate teams, and work the issues to resolve before any acquisition value deteriorates
- Report on progress to the deal executives and key stakeholders, and be the single point of contact for all stakeholders
- Manage stakeholder relationships; identify and establish partnerships with stakeholders to build support and secure sponsorship
- Exhibit cross-functional leadership and delivery in a matrixed organization through collaboration and effective relationships
- Develop M&A best practices for the company
- Manage other cross-functional project teams of various sizes based on company needs
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
• 6-10 years of cross-functional project experience in a high technology industry (software companies preferred) with at least 5 years of M&A experience, including active integration involvement
- Good working knowledge of key business processes (Go to Market, Quote to Cash, Employee Onboarding, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership and influence management skills
- Proven ability to think strategically about acquisition objectives and map the strategy into due diligence evaluations and a detailed project plan for integration execution
- Exceptional attention to detail, project management skills and working knowledge of MS Office including MS Project.
- A desire to roll-up your sleeves to see an integration project to successful completion
- An open, direct, and respectful communication style with excellent oral and written communication skills
- BA / BS degree from a leading academic institution; MBA a strong plus
Palo Alto, CA, US