Careers in Consulting
Director, Global Compensation Consulting今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1908403-3 掲載日 Aug. 29, 2019
VMware’s Compensation model focuses on empowering people managers to be self-sufficient with compensation analysis and decision making. The Compensation Consulting team focuses on two primary areas: 1/Business Consulting – working on strategic initiatives to assess and develop strategies and programs to address new business needs and 2/Management Consulting where Comp consultants provide more traditional comp analysis and program support to HR Management Partners to assist them in supporting their client groups.
- Manage portfolio of compensation projects including pay and bonus program consulting support, balancing resources to ensure the highest priority strategic work is tackled first while compliance and other standard work is managed appropriately
- Collaborate with Comp Programs and Operations to drive change management initiatives holistically from the executive staff, HR Business and Management Partners, Managers, and employees.This includes aligning roles and responsibilities of various HR teams to provide leadership support as one unified HR team.
- Partner with Exec and Equity Comp team to provide input to program development, and consulting back-up support
- Provide comp consulting advice to top leadership team members based on deep subject matter expertise.
- Provide guidance and expertise on sales commission plan design and other sales comp areas
Job Role and Responsibility
As a key member of the Global Compensation Team, this role reports to the Sr Dir, Global Compensation. The incumbent will manage a team of about 7 located in Palo Alto, Austin, the UK, China and India. In addition to collaborating with the Sr Dir, they will influence and partner with the leaders of Compensation Programs and Exec & Equity Compensation to drive strategy and roll-out compensation programs.
- Provide direction, counsel, and set goals for career growth and development. Ensure team is appropriately cross-trained, staffed, and supported. Provide clarity on roles and responsibilities.
- Keep current and share knowledge on key compensation trends; network with other companies and professional organizations to stay abreast of best practices and hot topics
Key Leadership Project Work
- Drive consulting standardization to deliver consistent, high quality strategic consulting work to the business
- Partner with the Comp Management team to align the global comp team around key compensation philosophies and approaches to drive one consistent methodology
- Lead and support compensation plan design and manage strategic comp projects to meet specific business and talent needs
- Develop framework and approach to address Comp Consulting for M&As. Provide support for some key M&A activities; manage team members to provide support for M&A activities
- Provide key input and analysis (directly and through the team) for the design of global compensation programs (base salary, bonus, and spotlight award program)
- Collaborate with Compensation and HR leadership to support the creation of compensation program and budget proposals for Finance leadership.
- Support VMware’s equitable pay strategy via engaging and communicating with HR Management Partners and business leaders/ managers
- B.S. degree in Business or related area
- 8+ yrs of progressive global compensation management as well as people management
- Strong understanding of HR, Commissions, and Finance business processes
- Track record of influencing at the executive level
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, design and recommend market competitive programs aligned to business strategy
- Extensive experience with compensation survey and consulting firms
- Outstanding analytical and solid financial and compensation modeling skills
- Strong team orientation with collaborative style, which engages stakeholders and leads to good business decisions
- Excellent listening and communication skills, with the ability to articulate and distill complex issues
- Ability to manage change effectively always mindful of technology and business processes implications
- Ability to motivate direct reports and others by providing an environment that promotes individual growth and reinforces company values and culture
- Masters or advanced degree
- Experience with managing a global team
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.