Careers in Sales
Director Federal Government Sales今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1914066 掲載日 Oct. 28, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
VMware Sales has two primary goals: delivering solutions that solve our customers’ key business problems and meeting the company’s bookings target to keep VMware growing and strong.
Our approach is to forge deep relationships built on understanding our customers’ businesses, along with their current and future challenges and opportunities. We’re dedicated to helping accelerate their digital transformation with VMware’s innovative solutions that provide the speed, agility, and innovation needed to remain competitive and spur growth. We’re also focused on making the world a better place by giving back in the community and participating in other activities in our local communities.
We’re looking for people committed to solving our customers’ biggest challenges with VMware’s portfolio of industry-leading solutions. You can share in the success of a 20-year industry pioneer that’s turning companies into truly digital enterprises.
Job Role and Responsibility
The Federal Sales Director is focused on effective sales leadership and management of continued growth across Government accounts across the Federal District. The Sales Director will lead, steer and scale VMware’s sales operations across the region ensuring that sales, pre-sales, marketing, consulting and channel operations co-operate in facilitating effective coverage of business opportunities. This role consequently represents a unique opportunity to play a major part in the success of VMware. This sales leader will manage a team of 5 Enterprise Account Managers with an indirect, matrixed team of an additional 40+ individuals.
• Steer, lead and orchestrate VMware accounts through a sustained period of rapid growth and leadership of the territory as a whole.
• Rapidly understand VMware, its direct markets, channels and resources and assess quickly where additional support and emphasis is required.
• Continue to develop a world class sales team capable of selling a complex set of solution platforms.
• Lead and co-ordinate the activities of pre-sales (systems engineering), consulting (post-sales/implementation/professional services), channel managers and marketing, working with functional leaders to ensure the right skills and resources are made available in support of regional sales activity.
• Ensure operational tools such as forecasting and opportunity management systems (Salesforce) are properly implemented and used by all staff in the region, facilitating effective forecasting and communication with corporate operational leadership, as well as inside the region.
• Support the creation & implementation of the GTM strategy including high-end strategic selling and technology-based selling.
• Assume the role of key Spokesperson, necessitating complete knowledge of VMware GTM strategy and promoting this with contacts in the industry, direct with Customers and indirectly with Partners.
• Acts as a business partner with corporate functions including: Finance, Deal Desk, Legal Sales Operations, Global Support Services, Renewals and Human Resources.
• Run a Business Management Process that provides consistency in communication and predictability in the business.
• Be Operationally Excellent in the day-to-day running of the business including (but not limited to) forecasting, pipeline development, training, certifications, hiring, performance management, collaboration, teamwork, and best practice sharing.
• Engage with Product Group leaders and other key business stakeholders to align on business goals and provide feedback on what will be required for successful execution against our bookings targets.
• Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team.
• Able to work across multi-functions/multi-individuals to achieve desired results.
• Proven sales leadership in a global software organization with significant matrixed sales management responsibility.
• Experience of driving, shaping and executing large deals with strategic customers in parallel with growing a large transactional business through emerging customers.
• Specific evidence of having built or substantially increased software license revenues.
• C Level Exposure and contact base in region - References well at this level.
• Experience of commercial and contractual negotiations with a complex set of customers
• Will have built, and developed an exceptional sales team.
• Demonstrates exceptional leadership skills with the ability to create and drive vision across an organization with authority and gravitas.
• Relevant experience hiring, developing and leading 1st line sales leaders
• Drive a Sales team for results. Accustomed to setting very high standards, attainable goals and stretch goals for teams while naturally fostering team spirit, sales discipline and holding the team accountable.
• Ability to influence and collaborate in a highly matrixed global organization whilst taking ownership for clear and far reaching decisions.
• Customer focused with a flexible, adaptable and versatile approach. Able to build relationships at all levels of an organization with specific focus at C level.
• Natural and poised communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and a clear communication style. Should have the ability to present at all levels and in all situations.
• Builds strong business relationships with customers, partners, peers and subordinates while effectively balancing regional team goals with corporate goals.
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like:
• Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
• Critical Thinking and Complex Problem solving skills
• Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team - Analyzes available data and makes decisions which are best for VMware
• Education/Experience - BA/BS degree or higher
Travel: 10% of the time
VMware Company Overview
VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.