Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Data Transformation Lead今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1912625-5 掲載日 Oct. 03, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in a Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back.
Enterprise Data Management is the centralized data management team for VMware. Recently formed, this team will drive the establishment, deployment and adoption of data management capabilities across the company. The team is responsible for data governance, metadata, data quality, master data management and the implementation of data management capabilities in large projects
Responsible for facilitating the development of the data management strategy and supporting our data agenda within strategic, enterprise-level initiatives through the enablement of data capabilities and assets. This highly visible position will partner with technology and business leaders to leverage our data to drive revenue generation and cost savings, while ensuring regulatory compliance and effective risk management. Responsible for managing the project lifecycle of EDM projects including requirements, provisioning, metadata, data quality, and operations.
This role will ideally be based out of Palo Alto, CA., Austin, TX. or remotely
- Establish and maintain the data management strategy
- Communicate program goals, priorities, and objectives
- Develop and monitor sequenced plan for program implementation
- Collaborate with data management function leads (metadata, data quality, governance, policy implementation) in support of initiatives that go across capabilities to deliver tangible benefit to the business
- Lead and manage the work effort and commitments made to partners and stakeholders
- Develop and manage program level KPIs and milestones for projects to track towards
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to manage individual and collective work efforts across the EDM capabilities for each strategic project
- 5+ Years of progressive data management experience in data management, data transformation, or similar roles (metadata, data quality, enterprise data migration, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to drive implementation of core data management capabilities across functions
- Ability to establish relationships across functions and drive to common goals
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration, respectfulness, and integrity. Additionally, we would like:
- Experience managing an international team of FTE or Contract Resources
- Experience implementing and using data management tools
- Experience building reports for multiple levels of management
- Experience leading and facilitating cross-functional project teams and working groups
- Please note this is a remote job opportunity.