Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Data Solution Architect今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1914002-3 掲載日 Oct. 17, 2019
Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
ROCS is a diverse organization of creative thinkers, solving global problems with 60 + patents and counting. We drive efficiency, improve the bottom line and have fun while doing it. Our products and services drive a measurable impact on the business, we do the things that matter. Make a difference in your career – be part of something bigger than all of us – Join the ROCS VMware family
We are looking for an experienced Data Architect to join the ROCS Release Management PMO team.
The Data Architect will manage and define data strategy from the conceptual design phase through completion of deployment. This position balances active architectural duties with a leadership role in both designing and drafting data strategy blueprint plans while overseeing design, development, and orchestrating various strategies and team during the project lifecycle.
The position requires the Data Architect to be a self-starter with strong collaboration, architectural knowledge, analytical skills, ability to connect dots, take innovative ideas and convert them into realized roadmaps. The successful candidate should have knowledge and experience across multiple data disciplines including, but not limited to, master data management, data quality, reporting and analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Design, implement, test, and support new data solutions that become the foundation of next-generation engineering and business metrics data platform.
- Drive architecture, design and data modeling sessions.
- Collaborate with data consumers across the organization to understand and prioritize solutions.
- Set standards and processes to drive data quality across ROCS data access layer.
- Create and communicate a roadmap for the next generation BI solution.
- Own the Data Architecture vision, strategy, priorities and roadmap.
- Identify innovative approaches and emerging technologies that improve consumer speed to insight.
- Maintain a methodical approach for data modeling, with an attention to detail that makes using new data platform a joy for all.
- Lead data discovery for accurate business definitions of BI metrics and attributes and presents the same in an organized and structured manner for easy retrieval and consumption by BI users, applications and self-serve analytic platforms.
- Ensure metadata consolidation and integration.
- Participate in data collection, representation, management, data standards and policies as it pertains to Business Intelligence and Analytic products and services.
- Support Requirements Analysis, presenting technical information, data profiling and reporting, as required to document metadata and enable governance.
- Ensure information repository is well managed and enable sharing for formulation of enterprise-specific data metrics.
- Implementing industry standards and industry best practices for metadata management and governance.
Qualification and Requirements
- 10+ years of Database modeling, Data Warehouse architecture, Business Intelligence, Analytics or related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline.
- Experience creating strategic plans for enterprise wide business initiatives
- Experience with data management best practices and disciplines including data governance, data quality, data security, analytics and BI, and data architecture in DAAS and IaaS environment
- Experience with database technologies, understanding their strengths, weaknesses and appropriate use cases
- Experience performing analysis leveraging SQL or other techniques to extract data from data warehousing platforms
- Experience with SAAS enterprise data warehousing and technologies
- Experience defining, documenting, and implementing policies, procedures and processes, creating clear and detailed technical diagrams and documentation.
- Experience developing key performance metrics, dashboards or scorecards
- Experience with all aspects of the software development life cycle including various documentation techniques, participating in testing activities, and developing metadata
- Understanding of industry BI tools such as Tableau, SAS Analytics, SAP BO, MS Power BI
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Must work well in highly collaborative, matrixed and team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communications skills - capable of developing well-structured communications and presentations.
- Ability to easily partner with cross-functional teams to gather, understand and distill requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively across different organisations, own the outcome and achieve shared vision.
- Ability to engage “hands-on” with data design and modeling.
**This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
- Technology evangelist who loves sharing success and tips with a broader audience inside and outside of immediate organization.
- Self-motivated; independent, organized and proactive; highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable when working across multiple teams.
- Understanding of Machine Learning use cases preferred
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, 401K matching and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance, team buildings and celebrations
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.