Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Data Center Operations Global Services Engineer今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1914742 掲載日 Nov. 13, 2019
Data Center Operations Global Services Engineer
Work Here. Transform Everywhere.
You will be part of a team that acts as an interface between the Real Estate Team, Networking, Audio Visual, IT Operation and Monitoring Teams to standardize processes and procedures and maintain an adequate operating environment for services.
Job Role and Responsibilities
You will be involved in leading overall activities of Data Center Operations support and maintenance of global MDF/IDF rooms. In addition, you will coordinate activities which span across Data Centers, IT focused projects and Real Estate & Workplace (REW) related projects. We are seeking a standout colleague that has superb communication skills, attention to detail, and excellent follow through.
Insights into your role.
Your role is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of services to our VMware colleagues as well as working with IT and REW teams to review and manage MDF/IDF standards and capacity for related projects. Your organization acts as an interface between REW, Networking, Audio Visual, IT Operations and Security Teams to standardize processes and procedures to maintain a reliable operating environment.
- You will be responsible for delivering complex cross functional projects on time and within budget.
- You will meet (and collaborate) with key partners to review project objectives and develop solutions to achieve shared business goals.
- You will be responsible for developing full-scale plans and associated documentation.
- You will foster a mindset which encourages clear communication across multiple sites and functional areas.
- You will have good technical skills, along with a good foundation in project management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in IT related area.
- 2+ years of experience delivering complex Data Center and IT projects or equivalent.
- 5+ years of Data Center Operations experience or equivalent.
- Experience with planning and management of power, space and cooling resources for a Data Center or computer lab.
- Is familiar with the best practices in cable installation and management.
- Experience in planning, building and maintaining complex IT environments.
- Good working knowledge of network, storage and compute technologies.
- Proven experience jointly delivering projects within the Facilities domain.
- The ability to participate in both domestic and International travel with overnight stays.