Careers in Services and Consulting
Services and Consulting
Consultant - End User Computing今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1914597-1 掲載日 Nov. 14, 2019
Overview of VMware
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2018 revenues of $8.97 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 23,000 employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
The Role – Consultant End User Computing / Enterprise Mobility Management
The global VMware Professional Services Organization influences the success of each VMware implementation. The Professional Services team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their digital strategy. The Professional Services team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning solution.
The Consultant is a technology specialist and subject matter expert, providing customer guidance by contributing to technical workshops, low-level designs and implementation of use cases into high-quality solutions. In addition to customer facing Delivery Consultants have a broad awareness of VMware's portfolio, extending to both product, services, and identify opportunities for upsell whilst in delivery.
VMware Professional Services is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest Digital Workspace technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey.
We will sponsor your enablement and certification up to and including VCDX certification.
- Collaborate with cross-functional VMware project teams which could consist of VMware pre-sales architects, engineers, product management and support staff.
- Work as part of a wider project team or on consulting engagements
- Contribute to low-level designs while functioning as an advisory resource for “Best Practices” and driving adoption of VMware solutions.
- Develop use cases into high-quality solutions in your specialist area
- Stay within the scope of the contracted work and meet the deadlines for both time and materials or fixed scope engagements. Take ownership and accountability for individual deliverables.
- Discusses project matters with Project Managers, logs support calls and interface with Support
- Contribute details to and successfully execute change requests and rollback plans when required demonstrating a good understanding of Change Management processes
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line and advanced level knowledge of the core VMware product line and your specialist area
- Assist in the development of our consulting service offerings as well as developing white papers and best practices
- Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
- Demonstrated ability and experience in customer-facing positions as a Professional Services consultant.
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate well publicly and provide ideas, concepts and accurate information to internal and external customers in a pro-active, clear and concise way.
- Understanding of Mobile Device Management (AirWatch/Good/XenApp)
- Strong Technical understanding in at least one of the following:
- End User Operating Systems – Win10, Mac OS, Chrome, Linux, IOS, Android
- Enterprise Mobility/Unified Endpoint management platforms
- Identity Management and Access platforms
- Must be comfortable with 50% - 75% travel when required
- Fluent in English and German language
Certification and Education
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Currently holds VMware Desktop & Mobility VCP 6.x / 7.x / 2019 certification and ideally holds VMware VCAP/VCIX certifications
Desirable skills and experience
- 3rd party Certifications that demonstrate technical domain knowledge (Citrix, Mobile Iron, Microsoft, Ivanti, JAMF, SOTI, AWS)
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
Apply Now - Let’s shape the future of what’s next together.