Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Colleague Support Engineer今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1908217 掲載日 Aug. 09, 2019
Position: Colleague Support Engineer I
VMware seeks a motivated Desktop Engineer, based in Pune, who possesses an excellent customer service attitude, a great deal of creativeness in troubleshooting and problem solving, and who is ready to help maintain our desktop infrastructure. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC/Tower Server, hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
- Pick support tickets through Vmware IT ticketing tool within defined SLA to provide technical resolution
- EPS Engineer is responsible for delivering Keep The Light On (KTLO) tasks and Project related initiatives
- Provide Level 1/2 support to VMware employee related End User Services (EUS) technologies as applicable (Endpoint, Unified Collaboration and Client Engineering)
- Build, Install and configure end user hardware for New Hires and hardware refresh
- Provide support related to Windows, MAC and Linux OS issues encountered on end users primary and secondary hardware
- Provide on-going operational support for OS releases and upgrades, service pack installations, bug fixes, mandatory system security patching and updates
- Performance monitoring, tuning for all end-user systems using SCCM and Airwatch
- Supporting Handheld devices on different mobility platforms – IOS, Android and Windows
- Serve as escalation support to help desk organization to resolve EUS issues as reported by the end-users
- EPS Engineer is expected to troubleshoot problem areas in person, via phone and remote assistance tool (Bomgar, Remote Assistance, RDP, Telnet and SSH).
- Identify threats and risks on end-user hardware using security applications and ensure network security against Spyware, Adware and, Virus and Trojans.
- Responsible for maintaining end-user hardware as per IT Security and Compliance
- Proactively maintain Asset and Store inventory management
- Engage with peers from other technology support groups to deliver required solutions
- Work closely with EPS Leads to ensure SLAs are maintained across team
- Mentor engineers at P1 and P2 level on technical issues
- Be active participants for all EUS Projects and deliveries
- Engage in creating KB articles and Tech-Talks
- Engineer will be completely responsible of the IT related issues in the site.
- Basics of network and telecom to be able to support respective team when they need help remotely.
- Minimum 2/3 years IT experience
- Minimum 2/3 years’ experience supporting Microsoft technologies
- Must have knowledge of OS Platforms – Windows, MAC and Linux
- Must have knowledge of PC hardware architecture and latest technologies
- Must have knowledge of enterprise EUS applications, ( MS Office 2016, O365, VPN ,EPO and Patch management application)
- Must have knowledge of hardware encryption and backup solutions for end-users
- Must have good understanding of other IT disciplines, (Telecom, Messaging, Collaborations tools – Share point, One Drive, S4B, SCCM, Airwatch MDM and Laptop management)
- Experience with VMW's virtualization products VSphere, Horizon View, Workspace One, Fusion/Workstation is a big plus
- Proven Customer Service skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Minimum 3-year Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or related field
- ITIL Foundation V3
- Preferred candidates will have Microsoft certifications (MCSA, MCSE)