Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Colleague Support Engineer, Tokyo Japan今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1912965 掲載日 Oct. 17, 2019
Job Description: IT Colleague Support Engineer – Tokyo
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware IT Colleagues Experience and Technology department provides technology services and support, enabling efficiency, simplicity and productivity to our colleagues. The organization additionally supports the company in its growth as the global leader in cloud infrastructure by developing and showcasing VMware products and technology.
Job Role and Responsibility:
- Serve as Level 2/3 IT engineer to our colleagues by not only providing direct answers but also wisdom and solutions to them.
- Provides subject matter expertise (SME) in resolving incidents and problems and takes the lead in not only local team but also with APJ team.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot hardware, including desktops, laptops, and peripheral equipment.
- Implement software packages, including operating systems, system releases and desktop software.
- Able to proactively support and troubleshoot audio and video system in meeting rooms and all hands area.
- Configure mobile devices including but not limited to phones and tablets.
- Manage the asset database, purchase and dispose equipment based on requirements.
- Solve end user IT incidents by the methods as in person, by telephone, via e-mail or remote assist tools in a timely, friendly and accurate fashion.
- Ability to manage workload via a service desk ticketing system and evaluate tickets for ongoing performance improvement opportunities and reduction of endpoint incidents.
- Assist remotely on network, server operations to maintain IT infrastructure.
- Introduce and educate users on new services and tools.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills to build service-based relationships with partners and end users.
- Develops and implements automation as applicable.
- Minimum 6 years of Internal IT and colleague support experiences.
- Familiarity with MAC OSX/Windows/Linux and proficient in Microsoft Office applications, SCCM, McAfee or other Enterprise Antivirus software.
- Knowledge of Apple iOS/Android mobile devices.
- Good understanding of networking, DNS, DHCP, vLANs, network segmentation, OSI model, etc.
- Solid sense of urgency with the ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Small team leading skills and project involvement experiences
- Good communication skills for regular, VIP, highly-technical users
- Excellent communications skills (verbal & written) in English.
- Fluent or Native level in Japanese.
- Time management and Workload(Priority) management is must.
- Proactive and CAN-DO mind to find tasks and solve from unknown.
- Good Team work and mindset of willing to share wisdom/experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Preferred with Network, Microsoft certifications, Apple or VMware certifications (CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, VCP)
- Experience with VMware virtualization products, Workstation, Fusion, vSphere is a big plus.
- Requires Business Travel. 5-20%.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.