Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Clarity Staff UI Engineer今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1905400-2 掲載日 Jun. 12, 2019
The VMware Design team is looking for an experienced Staff UI Engineer to join our growing Clarity team. Our enterprise-focused, open-sourced design system http://clarity.design is used by thousands of developers and designers every month within and outside of VMware. You will champion its development internally across the design, product and development orgs, and externally among our open source community.
Clarity is a multi-functional team of designers and developers working together across the United States and Sofia, Bulgaria. Clarity has been one of the most successful VMware open source projects, as well as one of the most successful internal design and front-end engineering projects within VMware. As an open source product, Clarity has had over a million downloads in the past few months alone, with over 4 million downloads to date.
As the Clarity Staff UI Engineer, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of components and design patterns that are used across the entire company. You will be expected to build and support our library of components in a way that is scalable, sustainable, and adheres to the Clarity team’s coding standards. This process will involve anticipating edge cases, allowing for extensibility and reusability, production of quality documentation and example code, and meeting Clarity’s expectations for accessibility and internationalization.
We are a passionate dedicated team that moves fast, upholds design quality, values consistency and simplicity, and focuses on customers and their needs. We work together and value "we" over "me". We believe in inclusion both within our team and in the way we build a design system that is used by product teams around the world. We value growth and encourage, not just respect, our differences. We are a team that "gets it done" together. We are not afraid to make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow together.
We love what we do, and our design system is the foundation for products that are used by hundreds of thousands of individuals and organizations. Come make a huge impact on large-scale enterprise product UI with the Clarity team.
A Staff UI Engineer is expected to:
· Work with user experienced professionals across VMware to prioritize development efforts with competing timelines and requirements.
· Develop components by working with designers, following design guidelines with an eye towards detail
· Compose solid documentation on the best practice use and extensibility of our component library.
· Meet with teams outside of our organization to understand their use cases, requirements, and assumptions.
· Challenge assumptions and requirements from inside and outside the team with research and user-backed data to create better design solutions.
· Iterate rapidly on component development and proof-of-concepts. Speed and agility are extremely important.
· Anticipate edge cases for a variety of situations in a proactive manner.
· Grow community interest in our work and generate excitement about Clarity within and external to the organization.
· Validate community requests quickly with a solid understanding of the foundations and capabilities of our component library.
What we look for:
· Experience contributing and/or maintaining open source projects is a plus.
· Familiar with different browser capabilities and limitations.
· Experience with modern web technologies including web components, shadow DOM, is a plus
· Expert skills in Angular and/or other JS frameworks.
· Expert skills defining and analyzing edge cases.
· Expert skills in unit testing Angular components.
· Expert skills in JavasScript and TypeScript.
· Excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills.
· Agile, adaptable, and capable of iteration and collaboration across many disciplines.
· Commitment to unit testing and forward-thinking practices in front-end development.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Experience with animation, accessibility, and internationalization in web-based applications.
· Experience with SASS and CSS3.
· Online examples of work.
This position is eligible for the GrowDesign referral campaign