Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Business Analyst II今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1912724 掲載日 Sep. 25, 2019
The Enterprise Data Analytics (EDA) organization at VMware is looking for a customer-oriented, analytical and driven individual. VMware is a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment and will require flexibility to roll up your sleeves and participate in various roles to deliver success!
This Business Analyst will be a key point-of-contact for BI / Analytics activities supporting VMware’s Sales organization. By forming a strong partnership with other cross-functional teams – such as IT, operations, and sales ops teams – this Business Analyst will help ensure alignment on reporting / analytic initiatives and the underlying data architecture and ecosystem. The role will be responsible for supporting Global teams working with colleagues and stakeholders who are spread across different GEO’s such as Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific. The position requires the Business Analyst to be a self-starter with good program management, analytical and training skills and to be comfortable working with distributed teams, at all levels of the organization.
Job Role and Responsibility
- Act as subject matter expert and point-of-contact for BI / Analytics activities in the Sales Analytics group
- Extract data and perform reporting/ad-hoc analyses/deep dives to support the Sales Analytics team
- In partnership with Sales operations, define intuitive, insightful, actionable, and compelling dashboards based on Tableau and/or Business Objects
- Collaborate on the KPIs and metrics to monitor and run the business and build reports using them
- Prototype reports and dashboards to get users engaged and excited about BI & Analytics solutions
- Leverage existing analytical models and include relevant information for reporting to stakeholders
- Lead reporting projects as needed, taking ownership of successful completion for the end to end lifecycle – from requirements through UAT, deployment
- Support communication, training, and documentation to enable successful user adoption of reporting and analytics solutions
- Perform data analysis as needed to identify trends and key drivers of metrics
- Promote and support self-service reporting across Sales stakeholder organizations
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business analysis, requirements development, and solutions implementation of Business Intelligence solutions.
- Strong expertise in SAP Business Objects/Tableau + ability to write complex SQL queries for one or more data bases.
- Functional and technical knowledge and experience working with the industry leading BI tools such as Tableau, Oracle BI (OBIEE), Business Objects.
- Excellent upstream and downstream communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
- Solid experience in accessing, analyzing and working with data.
- Understanding of the primary business functions in a software organization, such as Sales, Professional Services, Renewals, Customer Advocacy, and the implementation of Business Intelligence solutions for these areas.
- Experience in working with distributed teams, at all levels of the organization with little or no direct management oversight.
- Resilient and flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and adaptable to fast-changing environment/objectives.
- Ability to drive collaboration among cross-functional teams.
- Ability to take initiative and to set priorities independently.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Analytics Modelling experience using R or Python
- Business process knowledge in operational systems including but not limited to Salesforce.com, Oracle ERP, and SAP is preferred