Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Staff II Engineer - Cloud Services (Austin, TX)今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1911636 掲載日 Aug. 15, 2019
VMware Cloud on AWS is an on-demand service that enables you to run applications across vSphere-based cloud environments with access to a broad range of AWS services. This service integrates vSphere, vSAN and NSX along with VMware vCenter management, and is optimized to run on dedicated, elastic, bare-metal AWS infrastructure. With this service, IT teams can manage their cloud-based resources with familiar VMware tools. The VMC Lifecycle organization provides the platforms for fleet management of datacenter components extending to configuration and drift detection. The team is designing the fundamental building blocks to merge many operational tools into a single operating experience.
Job Role and Responsibility
VMware’s Cloud Services R&D team is looking for creative engineers to help architect our cloud platform. Are you interested in solving complex technical challenges? Do you like working with modern technology? We are looking for a Staff Engineer II to drive the overall architecture of the VMC Lifecycle organization. As a successful member of the team you will be a creative and seasoned engineering leader with 10+ years architecting, implementing, and delivering complex technologies. You should have experience leading strategic architecture development and are able to make bold recommendations on key product innovations and investments in the context of a rapidly evolving technology sector. You will provide architectural guidance and roadmaps for the release coordination engine, configuration service, backup and restore service platforms, and the core infrastructure for a unified operating experience. You will work with the various talented development teams to architect efficient and highly reliable services that work for specific, targeted use case and for the more general use case. You will also work across the development teams and with the service architects to ensure the end-to-end lifecycle solution is complete.
- Routine involvement in high level architectural and design discussions providing authoritative technical mentorship for a highly reliably cloud platform.
- Demonstrated track record of successful customer and external engagement driving influence through deep technical product and industry knowledge.
- Seasoned working with fellow senior engineers, architects, product management, senior management, and other partners to define the technical roadmap for the product in response to requirements.
- Ability and willingness to become a hands-on engineer as necessary.
- Strong familiarity with data center technologies (storage, networking, and compute).
- Extensive software development experience in one or more of the following C, JAVA, C++, and Python. Experience doing so across Windows and Linux is a plus.
- Strong algorithmic and problem solving skills
- Distributed systems experience
- Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to make it better.
- An extraordinarily intelligent, rigorous thinker who can operate successfully among very forward-thinking and trustworthy people.
- You are effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop custom solutions to pursue those challenges
- 15+ years of work experience in technology industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral are required
- An advanced degree would be highly desirable.
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Familiarity with software lifecycle development
- Technical undergraduate Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering degree preferred
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.