Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Application Platforms Architect今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1914226 掲載日 Nov. 04, 2019
The position is focused on understating scalability and performance of common application platforms, for both traditional and cloud native systems, and developing code to meet requirements from such use cases. The candidate will work in the VMware CTO group collaborating with engineering teams on building products that leverage service mesh (such as Istio) and Kubernetes.
The ideal candidate must have recent exposure to programming in Go or Java, extending Kubernetes with custom controllers, and having worked with Kafka and Neo4J. Experiences in cloud native platforms across multiple industries, such as banking, healthcare, and Telco is preferred. The ideal candidate must have had exposure to Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices, have been involved in performance testing of applications, on Java, Python, and/or Go. The candidate must have 5+ year experience in the above areas of practices and feels comfortable with various aspects of working in an agile software development environment.
Detailed Job Function
- Work with lead engineers to understand designs and follow through on implementation
- Be comfortable with multiple programming languages, Go, Java and Python
- Use intuitive expertise and experience in the data platforms space to breakdown technology hype-cycles and determine when and where VMware should engage, where product or partner investments should be made, to maintain our leadership or gain entry to individual segments
- Follow test driven development, build test regression libraries
- Be comfortable with several CI/CD processes
- Work with a geographically distributed team
- 5+ year experience with enterprise Go and/or Java and/or Python
- 2+ years on Neo4J and Kafka
- Experience in machine learning and algorithms is preferred
- General understanding of RPC communication protocols, such as gRPC and REST
- Knows about current trends in software architecture, e.g. Microservices, container technology, scalable architectures and backend systems
- General understanding of distributed systems architectures, challenges and design implications
- Experience in systems administration and heterogeneous environments, e.g. Linux
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ideal candidate should have bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience, min 12 years experience in IT and product engineering